Friday, February 15, 2013

Gaga Power



I got lucky couple of weeks back. No not that. I got lucky when I found a pair of  lady gaga ticket on TicketVistas. The popular website did what it promised; notify me on my email when tickets started selling for a bargain. I’ve been meaning to catch this pop sensation in action ever since she burst onto the scene couple of years back and made established stars like Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera look old fashioned and clichéd. For me Gaga was a reinvention and a younger version of my favorite artist Madonna. Only this was a raunchier and bolder version of the Queen of Pop.

I had heard several stories about Lady Gaga’s Concerts and she goes the distance in entertaining her fans but this was the first time I was actually going to know what all the fuss was about. I mean I knew she’s a good singer but was she even better live? Well after attending her concert I can safely say that she is by far one of most entertaining and exciting icons of music to watch perform live. I would probably run out of good adjectives to describe how good her concert event really was.
Gaga appeared on stage on a giant animatronic horse which completely captivated the audience and loud cheers could be heard as her “little monsters” welcomed her onto the stage. She began with “I’m going to sing my heart out for my fans” and to say that she made good on that promise would be a huge understatement.
The concert not only featured her smash hit singles which brought her to mainstream prominence like “Poker Face”, “Bad Romance”, “Telephone” and “Paparazzi” but there were insane props and laser lights that filled up the arena including mesmerizing pyrotechnic effects.
The tiny singer performed for a staggering two hours and every song was accompanied by a completely wild costume which blended well with the gothic background.
The highlight of the night for me was when Lady Gaga performed her controversial slow-temp ballad “Princess Die” to honor the late Princess Diana and raise questions about her death. What’s worth mentioning here is that the entire song was performed from a keyboard while sitting on top of a motorcycle.
What sets “mother monster” apart from the current lineup of pop stars is that she interacts with her fans throughout the show and this particular concert was no different. Gaga continuously told jokes and at one point played with the mouth of a blowup doll that had been thrown on the stage by one of her fans and said, “Is that supposed to be me?” and “That’s a pretty small hole … just saying”.
Lady Gaga officially blew my mind. You need to experience her perform live at least once. Trust me … it’s well worth the money.


2 comments:

  1. I am fan of gaga and Gaga is the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a little monster of Lady Gaga. I love her & her music,

    ReplyDelete